Hey, that sounds like fun! Clever idea! And definitely some interesting landmarks on that list. How old is this? Does anyone have cassette players in their cars anymore? [img]wink.gif[/img]
The Rock 'n' Roll Magical History Tour, is a four-hour self-guided tour of rock landmarks in the Hollywood area. The double-cassette tour of more than 100 sites allows you to drive at your own pace while original MTV VJ Nina Blackwood narrates the stories behind such locations as Jim Morrison's favorite bars and the so-called Beatle Manor, where the Fabs stayed in August 1964 when playing the Hollywood Bowl.
This audio history on wheels, devised by longtime rock publicist Jeff Albright, begins at the Hard Rock Cafe, travels La Cienega Boulevard, threads through Hollywood and the surrounding hills and returns to the Beverly Center, stopping at such spots as Taft High School in Woodland Hills which was attended by CHERIE CURRIE and JOAN JETT of The Runaways and Jane Wiedlin of The Go-Go's!
"I actually didn't know where a lot of these places where," said tour host Blackwood. "I knew the background of some of the locations but had never been there. The tour is perfect for L.A. because there's just so much history here. And I love the fact that you put the tape in your car and you don't even need a map."
You can read more about the Rock 'n' Roll Magical History Tour here:
http://u.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,21...083242,00.html
You can order the Rock 'n' Roll Magical History Tour here:
http://www.rocknrolltour.com/
<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ April 17, 2004 06:46 PM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>
Hey, that sounds like fun! Clever idea! And definitely some interesting landmarks on that list. How old is this? Does anyone have cassette players in their cars anymore? [img]wink.gif[/img]
I wonder if it's available on 8 track?
Yes I do have a portable 8 track player and it still works.
That does sound like a fun little excursion!
Todd
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHAHAHAHA!Originally posted by Bohemian Twister:
I wonder if it's available on 8 track?
Bookmarks